This blog commenced as a way to share my passion for creating a business and lifestyle I love. I believe that to create a lifestyle business you need to enjoy what you do and live a balanced life. Living with work life balance is one thing my husband and I aim for, don’t we all!
Fortunately, we got to bring up our children while managing our own lifestyle businesses. In fact, one of the businesses we had, had the tag line “more time for life.” It created more time for life for us and the people we assisted.
Achieving your goals no matter how big or how small all start the same way.
It all starts with self believe and taking daily steps towards your goals.
You know the saying ‘Rome wasn’t built in a day’. This is the same as your big goals. They are not achieved in a day. The big goals I’m talking about are goals like;
- Creating a lifestyle business.
- Losing and maintaining goal weight.
- Walk The Camino de Santiago, Spain.
- To graduate from university.
- Volunteer for 3 months in a developing country.
- To be a professional speaker on a TED Talks.
- Write a best selling book.
Big goals take time to achieve. However, every day you can get closer to your goal by taking a few steps.
What if you don’t know what your goal is? Even if you’re unsure but have some general idea, you can commence taking action. I have found that as I took action, my goal became clearer. You may find this too.
There are many ways to start taking action on your goals. I will list some blog posts below that may help you. However, taking little steps daily and tracking those steps really can help. As John C Maxwell said ‘ You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.‘
This is the 90 day tracker I use to track my habits as I work on my goals. Each big goal is broken down into smaller steps and than into daily actions that lead towards goal success.
One of my goals is to walk The Great North Walk. The Great North Walk is a 250 km walk. I could not walk that in one day or even over the weekend. To achieve this goal, I’m following a plan with some friends where we walk the walk in sections. Walking from beginning to end over 12-18 months. Walking one day a month between 5-15km, depending on the obstacles and exit points for the walk. Each walk moving closer to the goal of walking the complete walk.
How to Start Achieving Your Goals.
Start by taking daily actions steps towards the life you envision for yourself.
- Define your goals ensuring your goals and core values are aligned.
- Write down your goals and break them down into actionable steps.
- Take action on your goals, track daily.
- As you encounter obstacles, learn how to overcome them and take back control.
- Learn how to be productive and create routines that win the day.
When you think back to learning to drive. How long did it take? It took time. It took practice, guidance and mentors to help you along the way. The same goes for big goals. They take time to achieve. You need to learn, take action and seek knowledge along the way.
The Blogging Favourites To Go From Habits To Goal Success.
- Life Goal Examples with Core Value List.
- 90 Day Habit Tracker; Reach Your Goals.
- How to Create Habit Triggers for Positive Life Changes.
- Stack Habits to Achieve Your Goals.
For additional guidance and tips to help you achieve your goals sign up to our weekly newsletter.
Let’s achieve our goals together.