As an entrepreneur at times you may feel deflated, you may even feel like you are on struggle street. You may feel like you need a pick me up. During these moments of sadness, you often feel like you have no ideas. It is during these times of lack, that motivation is needed. If you have a motivation box or jar, dip into it and read. Read the positive thoughts, quotes and ideas. Become inspired by the positive words. Use the words to pick yourself up.
However, if you have no innovation box of ideas or quotes, all is not lost. Search on Pinterest for quotes to be inspired by, or create your own quote board so you can save quotes as you see them. To get you started, save these motivational quotes to your quote board so you can read them later.
Why quotes of innovation lead to motivation?
Reading quotes from others help with inspiration and motivation. For, all innovations started with an idea. Thus, reading quotes that motivate may just prompt the next big idea. Not only that, innovation quotes can help you overcome challenges. Motivational quotes can help you overcome your fears, overcome your doubts and can motivate and inspire success in all areas of life.
Not too long ago I was feeling a little lost. Wondering about purpose, life, more to the fact, life’s purpose. While navigating my thoughts I was advised to read quotes and save pins from Pinterest. I even started an idea box. By reading and saving quotes, I started to look up and see the positiveness in everything around me. I get inspired by quotes and stories from other entrepreneurs.
4 Ways to self motivation.
We all need a little motivation from time to time and reading quotes is just one of many ways to draw inspiration and motivation from. What I find is great, is to create spaces around you to draw on positive vibes that help you with self motivation.
Before reading the quotes that motivate think about where you will save the quotes that inspire you the most too. Below are just 4 places where I save quotes and words of wisdom.
1. The idea box that motivates.
The reason some people create an idea box or inspirational jar is to be inspired, encourage change or reflect on change. An idea box stores positive quotes, ideas, words, pictures or thoughts that can be drawn on when needed. An ideas jar is your place to dip into for some inspiration or motivation.
When you create your box, add something to it every day. If you don’t want to create a physical box or jar, create a Pinterest board and share positive quotes or pictures to it daily.
The main place I share and read quotes is on Pinterest. I have a Pinterest board for quotes which you can join here.
Related post: Rachel Hollis quotes on goals to help you follow your dreams.
2. The vision board bringing your ‘why’ to focus.
One motivational way to be inspired is to remember your why. Why you commenced your journey as an entrepreneur. When you reflect on your ‘why,’ you are often inspired to achieve. A way to keep your why in front of you is to create a vision board. On the vision board, you could put on some quotes or words that inspire you.
3. Your mobile inspiration.
Storing your quotes to read on your mobile phone is another great way to have your favourite quotes ready to read whenever you need them.
On your mobile phone, you can keep them in a folder in your photos or even use them as your wallpaper.
4. Bring your quotes to life in a journal.
Journaling is very therapeutic and an awesome way to write down the quotes that have inspired you that day.
In a journal you can bring your quotes to life by being colourful, creating a design or adding them to your daily thoughts.
If you haven’t tried journaling here are 5 ways to start a journal to help you get started.
Related post: 29 Inspiring Quotes on productivity to help you stay focused.
40 quotes that motivate and inspire.
- “If You Are Working On Something That You Really Care About, You Don’t Have To Be Pushed. The Vision Pulls You.”- Steve Jobs
- “Do not fear mistakes. There are none.” – Miles Davis
- “What good is an idea if it remains an idea? Try. Experiment. Iterate. Fail. Try again. Change the world.” – Simon Sinek
- “People Who Are Crazy Enough To Think They Can Change The World, Are The Ones Who Do.”- Rob Siltanen
- “We don’t see things as they are, we see things as we are.” – Anais Nin
- “Imagine Your Life Is Perfect In Every Respect; What Would It Look Like?”- Brian Tracy
- “We Generate Fears While We Sit. We Overcome Them By Action.”- Henry Link
- “Innovation comes from saying NO to 1,000 things.”– Steve Jobs
- “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino
- “The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.” – Unknown
- “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
- “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
- “If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.” – John Steinbeck
- “Ideas are like pizza dough, made to be tossed around.” – Anna Quindlen
- “First comes thought; then organization of that thought, into ideas and plans; then transformation of those plans into reality. The beginning, as you will observe, is in your imagination.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Good things come to people who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get them.” – Anonymous
- “If you do what you always did, you will get what you always got.” -Anonymous
- “Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value.” – Albert Einstein
- “What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Do one thing every day that scares you.”-Anonymous
- “The starting point of all achievement is desire.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear.”– Mark Twain
- “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou
- “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
- “Success is…knowing your purpose in life, growing to reach your maximum potential, and sowing seeds that benefit others.”– John C. Maxwell
- “Real difficulties can be overcome; it is only the imaginary ones that are unconquerable.” – Theodore N. Vail
- “Just as ripples spread out when a single pebble is dropped into water, the actions of individuals can have far-reaching effects.” – Dalai Lama
- “Sit, walk, or run, but don’t wobble.” – Zen proverb
- “Innovation is change that unlocks new value.” – Jamie Notter
- “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “In order to succeed, we must first believe we can.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
- “We have a strategic plan, it’s called doing things.” – Herb Kelleher
- “You miss 100 per cent of the shots you never take.” – Wayne Gretzky
- “It always seems impossible until it is done” – Nelson Mandela
- “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere” – Albert Einstein
- “Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try.” – Seuss
- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page” – St. Augustine
Quotes are great for motivation and inspiration, however, inspiration and motivation can also come from mentors, peers and family. In fact, motivation can come from many sources. When you hear something inspiring or read something that motivates you, add it to your inspiration jar, write it in your journal, place it on your vision board or share it on your preferred social media.
Stay focused on your lifes journey by creating your own spaces with quotes that motivate and inspire you. Get some inspiration and share quotes from the Pinterest quote board.
Angie blogs about setting goals and mastering habits as well as productivity and living abroad. She started blogging while learning the skills to start an online business. Her goal to work online came about due to wanting to see overseas family and travel around Australia. Her mission is to help others succeed with their goals. Angie often shares tips and tricks while walking the beaches or near the lake on the Central Coast NSW Australia.