I’m a glass half full person, I look for things to be grateful for even in difficult times. I’m not saying it’s easy, it isn’t. Some days it’s hard, other days it’s easier. Fortunately, over the day there are many moments and as you harness the joyful moments you feel the prosperity of gratitude.
“Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into.”Wayne Dyer
Dr Robert Emmons, a professor of psychology and leading researcher of gratitude states that being grateful affects our happiness, it can heal, energise and change lives. Though the wealth of gratitude lies in its benefits through mental, physical, and relational well-being. Dr Robert Emmons found two key components of practising gratitude.
- We affirm the good things we’ve received
- We acknowledge the role other people play in the provision of goodness into our lives.
How to use the power of gratitude?
Giving thanks is something we can do all year. Thankfulness should not be reserved for ‘Thanksgiving’. Every day we can look around and feel grateful and express our gratitude for all that we have.
- Our families, friends, and all the love in our lives.
- The food we eat, the farmers and workers that help grow, produce and deliver the food.
- For the work that we do, paid and unpaid, at home, in the community and in the workplace.
- Where we live, the world we live in. Wildlife, the nature and the good we see in our environments.
Gratefulness can be expressed in many ways,
First, you need to decide to be a grateful person.
Next, you need to decide how you would like to express your gratitude. See 6 Ways to Integrate Gratitude Into Your Daily Life for ideas on ways to harness the power of gratitude.
What is the power of showing thankfulness.
With gratitude, you see the silver lining, a way forward through hard times or difficult situations. It is through gratitude that challenging situations become learning opportunities. When you see difficult situations with a heart of gratitude, you attract a flow of abundance into your life.
If you are looking to create abundance in your life, focusing on gratitude is powerful. Why? Because as we focus on all that we are grateful for, we begin to feel more abundant, and when we begin to feel more abundant, we attract more into our lives. What you focus on grows. Like attracts like. That’s why you won’t increase the abundance in your life by focusing on all that you don’t have. When you complain you remain for your focus is on lack and not abundance.
“Gratitude is riches. Complain is poverty.”Doris Day
Oprah Winfrey says “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” Personal growth is only one benefit of gratitude. Yet, there are multiple benefits of developing a grateful heart linked to improved relationships with yourself and others and psychological health.
When you express gratitude you become aware of the positive things around you and in your life. We take fewer things for granted when we are thankful and appreciative.
Why is gratitude so powerful?
Gratitude is powerful because it enriches lives, yours and the people around you. There is a blessing for us in the loving expression of gratitude. As we focus on what we have, we create more of it. When we focus on our joy, we create more of that., and really who doesn’t want to be around a positive joyful person.
As we focus on love, we create more of that, and love is central to all manifestations in our lives. When you create from a place of love and intention your life will become more joyous and richer than you could have ever expected.
We are all energetic beings – and the energetic vibration of gratitude is one of the highest and purest vibrations available to us. Love and gratitude go hand in hand. Sending out this kind of pure positive energy into your life will bring more of that back to you – it’s a universal law, it’s the Law of Attraction. Gratitude can start a positive momentum in your life that changes your life forever. When you begin having an “attitude of gratitude” in your life, you jump-start the process of manifesting all of your desires.
If you would like to create more joy, peace, and prosperity in your life start practising gratitude all the time. Below are a few ways to practice gratitude daily.
6 Ways to Integrate Gratitude Into Your Daily Life
- Look for what you want to see vs. what you don’t want to see. Too often we go about our day waiting and expecting awful things to happen, or we expect to be disappointed. We walk around saying, “I don’t like this, and this, and this….” and look for things that need changing. You would find that your world may conform to more of your liking if you focused on what you did indeed want to see. “I like this, I like that….oh and I really love that!” What a shift in vibration, do you see?
Focusing on what you want to see maybe small steps to take, yet it is the small daily actions that can help with cultivation an attitude of gratitude.
- Appreciate and be grateful for something about you. Be grateful that you have a beautiful smile and a heart of gold. Be grateful for your personal values and how you are life live through them. Express gratitude for being a wonderful mother. Be grateful that you are not perfect and that you have opportunities each day to learn something new.
- If it’s hard to find something to be grateful about yourself, start by looking around your world and appreciating that. The rain, the leaves, the sun, the beach. Look for beauty in your life. Focus on what you do have vs. what you don’t have. There is so much in life that we take for granted, here is a list of 21 things we take for granted daily.
- Keep track of all the good things that happen to you in your calendar or daily journal…even the little things. If you unsure about starting a journal read 5 ways to start a journal. A gratitude journal helps you focus on the positive of your day and a daily journal can help you affirm your personal growth and that you are indeed on the right path.
- Challenge yourself ror the next 30 days. Set aside time to write for 10 minutes all of the positive things you can about your day, your life, your relationships, your body, your work, your home etc etc. You will not be the same person at the end of those 30 days! Start today and write in comments below what you are grateful for today.
- Express your gratitude verbally. Ok, I admit this can be challening if expressing gratitude is new to you. Yet the power of gratitude is amazing when expressed. When gratitude flows from your heart, amazing things begin to happen to you and those around you.
The Wealthy Power of Gratitude
The benefits of gratitude are greater happiness, positive emotions, better health, increased empathy, better sleep, improved self-esteem and improved relationships. Become wealthy in gratitude
Looking for more information on gratitude read 5 ways to develop a grateful heart.
The unthankful heart… discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!Henry Ward Beecher